Difficulty: moderately easy, Serving: 8-10 depending on serving size
What we need: springform cake tin (20-24cm), I used a 24cm tin, wax paper, hand mixer
- 2* 230g med-full fat cream cheese (I used Simonsberg)
- 250ml cream
- 2Tbs cake flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1Tbs 100% lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 1 packet tennis biscuits, crushed
- 125g melted butter (preferably unsalted, but have done it with salted before)
- 1 400g punnet of strawberries, washed and sliced
- castor sugar
- water if needed
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Line springform tin with wax paper, I used foil in mine as I had run out.
- Add melted butter and crushed biscuits in a bowl, add to springform tin and press down to make the base. At this point you can put into oven for 5-10 min but certainly not required.
- In a mixing bowl soften the cream cheese slightly and add the rest of the ingredients required for the filling. There is no real method in this, but beware not to over mix!!! I beat the mixture for a few minutes until the filling thickened up slightly.
- Bake for 35-45 min, this all depends on your ovens accuracy. Then switch off the oven and open the door, leave cheesecake for a further 10 min.
- Take the cheesecake out the oven and place on a wire rack, you can now release the clip on the side of the tin and remove the ring. Leave to cool.
- In a sauce pan add strawberries and a little castor sugar to heat up. Continue stirring, add a little water if needed, the objective here is to make a simple jam type topping. The consistency has to be a little runnier than jam. Cool slightly.
- Pour topping evenly over the cheesecake.
- Best served at room temperature, but if preferred can be served at fridge temp.