Difficulty: simple, Serving: Around 26 cookies depending on size
What we need: Mixer, hand mixer will do.
- 240g Unsalted butter, softened
- 170ml brown sugar
- 170ml white sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 135g (225ml) cake flour
- 2.5ml bicarb of soda
- pinch of salt
- 80g slab of chocolate (can use 2, dark, milk or white), chopped
- 375ml rolled oats (I used Jungle Oats traditional cooking oats)
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- 50-100g nuts (I used 100g Heidi’s Mixed nuts Econo), chopped
- Preheat oven to 190’C.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat egg and vanilla essence into mixture.
- Stir in flour, bicarb and salt with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Lastly, add the chocolate, coconut, nuts and oats.
- Using a Tablespoon, gently spoon mixture onto a greased baking sheet. They need to be at least 5cm apart.
- Bake for 12-16 min until beautifully golden brown.
- Leave to cool on tray as the biscuits will harden as they cool.