Same Banana Bread, different twist. This is just an example of how easy it is to change things up and to create your own unique masterpiece.
Banana bread is one of the quickest bakes to throw together when you have guests coming over. This recipe is easy and flop proof. No skill needed, just measure your ingredients, follow instructions and voila. YUM.
The added cinnamon glaze by Tutti Dolci was quick, easy and the perfect compliment to my banana bread.
Dificulty: simple, Serving: 1 loaf,
What we need: Bread tin, wooden spoon, food processor (I use my blender)
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Cup wholewheat/wholemeal flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Free range extra large eggs
- 4 Ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the Glaze
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (more if preferred)
- 1 Tbs Full cream milk (or low-fat)
- 1/2 Tbs melted butter (i used regular salted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180′ C fan assisted or 190’C non fan.
- Use a food processor/ blender to blend the oats until its a flour consistency.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, including the oat flour.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl, whisk eggs briefly in another.
- Add the eggs, banana, walnuts and vanilla essence to dry ingredients.
- Fold ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into greased bread tin ( Spray&cook or butter).
- Bake for 30- 35 min, until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in tin then transfer to wire rack.
- For the glaze I combined all the ingredients together and mixed it until a consistency that is easy to drizzle. (can pop in microwave for a few seconds to make a little runnier).
- Once the bread was cooled I piped the glaze onto the bread, and waited till it was set before serving. Remember to put a piece of wax paper under the wire rack to save cleaning up time.
- Freeze in slices in Ziploc Bag, pop in toaster to enjoy anytime.