A warm Slice of Banana bread anyone? With Butter? Yip, that should get your taste buds going. Don’t avoid baking because you are afraid that you will be tempted to eat the ENTIRE loaf to yourself. Even though this loaf is super tempting.
This Delicious banana bread is not only healthy, but its absolutely moreish! Served warm or cold. This can also be sliced up and frozen for a rainy day.
These are great for a healthy treat for all ages alike and the hidden seeds added will not be detected by fussy eaters.
The cherry on top? Its super simple to make, quick and you can add your own unique twists to make it even more fabulous. Chocolate chips, walnuts, dried goji berries/cranberries are a few options.
Difficulty: simple, Serving: 1 loaf,
What we need: Bread tin, wooden spoon, food processor (I use my blender)
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Cup wholewheat/wholemeal flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Chai seeds
- 1 Tbs Ultimate seed mix ( you can use anything you prefer here)
- 2 Free range extra large eggs
- 4 Ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180′ C fan assisted or 190’C non fan.
- Use a food processor/ blender to blend the oats until its a flour consistency.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, including the oat flour.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl, whisk eggs briefly in another.
- Add the eggs, banana and vanilla essence to dry ingredients.
- Fold ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into greased bread tin ( Spray&cook or butter).
- Scatter coconut flakes along wet dough.
- Bake for 30- 35 min, until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in tin then transfer to wire rack.
- Freeze in slices in Ziploc Bag, pop in toaster to enjoy anytime.